Robert S. Goldenberg is the head of HDRB&B’s Real Estate Lending Group. Practicing for more than 30 years, Rob has devoted his legal career to representing private and institutional lenders in secured commercial real estate transactions. Rob and his team have closed more than 30,000 transactions totaling over $7.5 billion in loans.
Rob has extensive experience in all phases of real estate transactions, from acquisition through ultimate disposition. He has negotiated, structured and closed thousands of commercial loans, typically involving the renovation or ground up construction of properties ranging from single-family homes to apartment buildings and industrial facilities. He also represents lenders in debt restructuring transactions, often involving numerous properties in multiple states. In addition, Rob represents private lenders in procuring secured lines of credit with financial institutions, sales of loan portfolios and loan workouts.
Rob is widely known for producing creative and practical solutions to complex lending transactions. His vast experience, proclivity for timely and accurate responses, and strict attention to detail make him uniquely qualified to service his clients’ needs in time-sensitive and highly complex transactions.
Areas of Focus:
- Negotiate, structure and draft loan documents for complex commercial transactions
- Hard Money Lending
- Real Estate Secured Lending
- Acquisition, renovation and construction loans
- Private Lending
- Multi-state and Multi-Property transactions
- Loan Workouts
- Manage and supervise closing department and legal administration
- Coordinate and manage out of state closings through direct interaction with borrowers, local counsel and title companies
- Manage, monitor and coordinate matters of foreclosure, bankruptcy and title claims with outside counsel
- Actively involved in the underwriting and approval process of loans