In connection with the State’s Time’s Up Act, employers of three or more employees in Connecticut must provide training related to sexual harassment. The ongoing Coronavirus pandemic has extended the deadline for this training from October 1, 2020 to January 1, 2021.
Employers are required to:
- Provide new employees with a copy of information about the illegality of sexual harassment and remedies available to victims of sexual harassment:
- CLICK HERE for a .pdf of Connecticut’s written materials that you can provide as a handout to your employees
- CLICK HERE for Connecticut’s Sexual Harassment Prevention Poster
- Provide all existing employees with two hours of training before the deadline; and
- Provide two hours of training and education to new employees hired on or after October 1, 2019 within six months of their start date.
Employers with fewer than three employees must provide two hours of training and education to all supervisory employees by the deadline and within six months of hire to new supervisory employees.
Following the initial training, employers are required to provide supplemental training at least every ten years.
HDRB&B provides live remote options for harassment and discrimination training tailored to your organization’s individual needs. CONTACT US to discuss personalized training options for your workplace.