- Harvard Law School (J.D. 2004)
- Columbia University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2001)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 3d Circuit
- U.S. District Court, DNJ
- U.S. District Court, SDNY
- U.S. District Court, EDNY
- Selected to the 2011-2013 lists of New Jersey Super Lawyers®* as a Rising Star
Robin D. Fineman is a partner in HDRBB’s civil and criminal litigation practice groups. She represents both individual and corporate clients in complex business litigation in the federal and state courts in New York and New Jersey. Robin has successfully resolved disputes for clients in a range of matters, including breach of contract claims, shareholder disputes, employment matters, consumer fraud, breach of fiduciary duty claims, and trusts and estates litigation. Robin also provides general counsel advice to clients with respect to corporate and transactional matters.
Robin is a graduate of Harvard Law School where she was a Hewlett Fellow in Law and Research in Negotiation, Editor in Chief of the Harvard Negotiation Law Review and a member of the Board of Student Advisors. Prior to joining the firm, Robin worked as an associate in the litigation department of Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP in New York City. She was selected to the 2011-2013 lists of New Jersey Super Lawyers®* as a Rising Star.
- Appellate counsel to buyers of a service station in a dispute with sellers involving claims of fraudulent misrepresentation and breach of contract.
- Defense of an environmental services company in connection with whistleblower lawsuit.
- Defense of a supplier of specialty plastic goods in a multi-million dollar breach of contract action.
- Representation of a beneficiary of a multi-million dollar estate in connection with a will challenge.
- Representation of minority shareholder in a dispute involving the buyout of his interest in a closely held business.
- Representation of an executor of an estate in a dispute involving conversion of estate funds and breach of contract claims.
- Defense of an automobile dealership in a consumer fraud class action.
- Defense of a major insurance company against antitrust and RICO claims brought in multiple federal and state courts alleging bid-rigging and market allocation.
- Representation of a high-ranking state government official in a money laundering and prostitution federal investigation, and in a state ethics commission investigation.
- Defense of a Wall Street investment bank in a securities class action litigation alleging violations of federal securities law in connection with initial public offerings.
- Counsel to a multi-billion dollar hedge fund in a state court litigation alleging breach of contract, fraud and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Representation of a private equity firm in a complex contract and tortious interference litigation brought in state court in connection with the ownership of a distressed company.
- Representation of a Wall Street investment bank in a breach of contract lawsuit brought in federal court involving claims for lost profit damages in excess of $250 million.
- “‘Westchester Day School': Religious Land Use Act Upheld,” New York Law Journal, November 29, 2007, Co-authored with Martin Flumenbaum and Brad S. Karp.
- Legislative Advocacy Volunteer and Peer Counselor for Be The Match Bone Marrow Donor Registry
- Member of Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Group for the National Marrow Donor Program