- Rutgers University School of Law (J.D., 1999)
- The College of New Jersey, School of Business (B.S., cum laude, 1996)
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2d Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 3d Circuit
- U.S. District Court, D.N.J.
- U.S. District Court, S.D.N.Y.
- U.S. District Court, E.D.N.Y.
Richard P. Norton is a partner in the firm and leads the restructuring and creditors’ rights practice. Rich focuses on the representation of secured and unsecured creditors, corporate debtors and other parties in interest in distressed situations. Prior to joining HDRBB, Rich spent over fifteen years with the bankruptcy and restructuring practices of two international Am Law 100 law firms. Aside from his restructuring-related work, he has extensive experience counseling clients on a range of business issues and representing clients in commercial disputes. He often appears in courts throughout New Jersey and New York as well as in bankruptcy courts throughout the country. Rich’s approach is focused on efficiency and results-oriented legal representation emphasizing agreeable, value-based billing practices.
Areas of Concentration:
- Loan Workouts
- Commercial Litigation
- Creditors’ Rights
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Secured Transactions
- Business Counseling
- Risk Management