- Lafayette College (B.A. 1990)
- Fordham School of Law (J.D. 1993)
- State of New Jersey (1993)
- State of New York (1994)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit (2003)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit (2004)
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey (1993)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York (1995)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York (2011)
- U.S. Tax Court (2010)
- AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- NJ Super Lawyers®*, Business Litigation (2010–2016)
- NJ Super Lawyers®*, "Top 100" in NJ, (2013–2016)
Mr. Doherty is the Managing Partner and co-founder of the firm. For the past four years he has been selected to the list of “Top 100” Super Lawyers®* in New Jersey.
Mr. Doherty represents institutional and individual clients on a wide array of commercial litigation matters including shareholder disputes, consumer fraud actions, contract claims, employment matters, construction disputes and civil RICO actions. In addition, he has extensive experience in Trusts and Estates litigation. Paul has litigated matters in the federal and state courts in New Jersey, New York, Florida, Maryland, North Carolina and Puerto Rico.
Mr. Doherty also is actively involved in our corporate practice and serves as general counsel to several of his business clients. Paul has advised well-established companies and fledgling enterprises with respect to all of their corporate transactional needs, including mergers and acquisitions, contract negotiations shareholder and employment agreements, and real estate transactions.
Prior to starting the firm, Mr. Doherty was an attorney in the litigation department of Gibbons, P.C., where he represented large corporate clients in employment, construction and general commercial matters.
Mr. Doherty has the highest (AV) attorney rating from the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory. He has been selected to the list of New Jersey Super Lawyers®* from 2010–2016, in the field of Business Litigation. In 2013-2016, he was selected to the list of “Top 100″ Super Lawyers®* in New Jersey. Mr. Doherty’s representative clients include Toyota Motor Credit Corporation, West Virginia Steel Corp., and Arrowpac, Inc.
- Represented Registered Investment Advisor in an oppressed minority shareholder litigation regarding the operation of an investment management company.
- Represented hedge fund managers in federal and state court cases regarding claims for deferred compensation.
- Represented the Executor in a Will Contest over an Estate worth over $10 million.
- Defending automobile dealership in a class action alleging violations of state and federal consumer protection statutes.
- Defended automobile financing company in consumer fraud actions in New York and New Jersey.
- Represented Hospital in connection with the closing of a $6.5 million loan to fund the construction of a new surgery center.
- Represented horticultural services company in connection with the acquisition of two smaller competitors.
- Represented real property owner in connection with the sale of a large warehouse for $15 million.
- Served as local counsel to Ropes & Gray in connection with a $45 million credit facility provided by GE Capital to a New Jersey-based health care company.
- 627 Acquisition Co., LLC v. 627 Greenwich, LLC, 85 A.D. 3d 645 (1st Dept. 2011)
- Delahaye v. Hoyt Trans., 2010 WL 346836 (2d. Cir. 2010)
- Campbell et al. v. Thales Fund Mgmt., LLC, et al., 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 114439 (S.D.N.Y. 2010)
- Williams v. D&J School Bus, Inc., 69 A.D. 3d 617 (NY App. Div. 2010)
- Wedgewood Props., LLC v. Latif II Int’l., Inc., 2007 WL 2050264 (NJ App. Div. 2007)
- Cerbo v. Ford, 2006 WL 177586 (NJ Law Div. 2006)
- Arrowpac v. Teamsters Pension Trust Fund, 142 Fed Appx. 573 (3d Cir. 2005)
- Group III Capital, Inc. v. Parasol Group, Ltd., 2003 WL 1948801 (S.D.N.Y. 2003)
- West Va. Steel Corp. v. Sparta Steel Corp., 356 N.J. Super. 398 (App. Div. 2003)
Chairman of the Board, Freedom Bank