- NYU School of Law (J.D. 2006)
- Columbia School of Engineering and Applied Science (M.S., Applied Physics, 2003)
- Yeshiva University (B.A., Physics, magna cum laude, 2002)
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2d Circuit
- U.S. District Court, SDNY
- U.S. District Court, EDNY
- U.S. District Court, DNJ
- Hon. Anne E. Thompson, U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey (2008-2009)
Jeremy is a partner in HDRB&B’s civil and criminal litigation practice groups. Jeremy represents corporate clients and closely held businesses and their principals in complex commercial matters, including breach of contract actions, partnership disputes, insurance coverage disputes, securities litigation, and breach of fiduciary duty actions, as well as in employment matters, construction litigation, legal malpractice actions and white-collar criminal prosecutions. Jeremy also frequently represents high net worth individuals and families in trusts and estates litigation. He represents clients in the state and federal courts in both New York and New Jersey, as well as in arbitration and other alternative dispute resolution forums.
Jeremy brings an aggressive and sophisticated approach to a broad range of cases, including mid-size litigations that often require flexible strategies in order to achieve the client’s goals. Jeremy’s recent cases include:
- Defending the founder of a trading company in an action for breach of a buyout agreement.
- Defending an issuer in a breach of contract action brought by the issuer’s underwriter in connection with a failed public offering.
- Defending a German bank in an action for payment under a letter of credit.
- Representing a national automobile parts supplier in a contract action against a leading regional distributor.
- Defending an automobile dealership in a consumer fraud class action.
- Defending an aircraft parts dealer in a federal criminal prosecution for fraud and filing false tax returns.
- Representing the beneficiary of a $10 million trust in an action for removal of the trustee for breach of fiduciary duties.
- Representing an investment trust in a FINRA arbitration against a brokerage firm for negligence and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Representing a former hedge fund portfolio manager in an action for payment of millions of dollars in deferred compensation.
- Representing an entrepreneur in a legal malpractice action in connection with a failed business acquisition.
- Defending a supplier of specialty plastic components in a multi-million dollar breach of contract action.
Jeremy also maintains an active pro bono practice as a volunteer for a local social services organization, counseling and protecting the legal rights of families in serious financial distress.
Jeremy is a member of the Business and Commercial Litigation Committee, and the Business Law Section, of the New Jersey State Bar Association, and he has been selected to the list of New Jersey Super Lawyers: Rising Stars* in 2014, 2015 and 2016. Before joining the firm in 2012, Jeremy was an associate in the litigation department of Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP in New York, and clerked for the Honorable Anne E. Thompson, U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.